Getting new customers is the most expensive way to grow your business.
According to many sources, it can be seven times more expensive to get a new customer than to sell more to existing ones.
Before spending money on finding new customers, think about doing these things instead:
- Add value to what you sell; do it better, quicker or more quirkily than anyone else (never cheaper unless you’re running an airline or a supermarket).
- Make your customers feel special; celebrate their anniversaries, birthdays and other special occasions (use a CRM to keep track).
- Sell them more things; solve more problems or create more delight for them. Do they know about everything you offer?
- Sell them things more often; offer great deals for repeat business that you don’t have to work hard for, so long as it’s still profitable.
- Put up your prices (most good customers buy on value not price).
- Do you tell your story well? The most visited page on a website is the “About” page. People want to know who they’re buying from, what your values are and what they’ve got in common with you. (Even one tenuous link like a shared birthday, school, pet or taste in music makes a sale more likely.)
All of these steps cost a lot less than finding new customers and can make a big difference to your profits. Try them!
Contact me now to get help to grow your business and achieve the breakthrough results your hard work deserves.