Are you in business to make a good life or just to run a business?
Are you changing the world, making a difference, solving problems?
You are are? Good for you.
Saturday night just logged me out due to inactivity
Are you also having fun, building a good life, enjoying time with friends and family or is there no time for that and you’re on a treadmill of eat / sleep / work and little else?
Take inspiration from some of these business owners who talk about what they do that makes business fun and life worth living.
I asked them:
Apart from the obvious; spending time with family and friends, what is it that gets your motor running, gets your juices flowing, makes your heart leap, calms you down, fills you with peace, keeps everything in perspective?
Halloween is also a good time to go door-to-door, asking people to join your network on LinkedIn.
Here’s what they said:
- Racing cars, which is part of the business, so my escape is a bit close to home.
- Running – getting in the zone.
- I like to absorb the fermented juice of the grape.
- Music. Pick my favourite playlist and usually listen to them on my iPad. Takes me straight to a different world.
- Making music – I’m not very good but it stops me thinking about everything else!
- Studyine mammoths in our region.
- Walking my dog.
- Listening to audiobooks or podcasts – usually comedy, definitely not business – so I switch off. It’s good.
- Scuba diving holidays
- Painting stones from the beach and leaving them in places where people will find them.
- Sleeping. Time away from my family. Making things. Reading
- Slightly wobbly crafts
- Taking photographs, especially flowers and insects. I also love drawing and painting
- Seeing a DB Schenker Class 66 pull freight up the ECML (That’s train spotting)
- Playing strategy games
- A long run in wide open spaces with my dogs. Great for the mind, body and soul.
Having interests other than you business makes you more likely to succeed. People connect on a personal level before they do business and having something in common, or something that makes you interesting to talk to, helps make those connections.
How about you? What gets your motor running, gets your juices flowing, makes your heart leap, calms you down, fills you with peace, keeps everything in perspective?
Contact me now if you’d like to get some simple strategies to enjoy your business, make more profit and have more time to enjoy it.