This is a list of 7 things you can do right now that will help you feel more in control:
- Check your cashflow. Figure out how long you could last without any additional income. Cancel all unnneccesary expenditure, especially automatic subscription renewals.
- Look at quick wins. What will bring in more income without spending anything.
- If revenue looks like a problem, check available sources fo help. Contact bank and lenders early.
- Don’t catastrophise. Work with what is, not what you imagine it to be. Most things we worry about never happen and if they do we generally cope OK. Nothing lasts forever.
- What can you do now that will put you in a strong position when things change? Could you pivot? Offer services on-line, widen your customer base, automate?
- Check with existing customers – are they cutting back, starting something new? Do they need to pivot, could you help?
- Ask for help. There are lots of people only too willing to share their expertise and experience.
That includes me. If you’re worried about anything, get in touch – I won’t try to sell you anything!
Photo credit: Bernie J Mitchell