Posts Tagged ‘Radio Interviews’
Are you daunted by always having to create new content?
I often get asked about different ways of promoting a business or getting new business through generating content for blog posts, radio interviews, e books, printed books, free tips, webinars, podcasts, etc., etc.
All of these work on their own but they work even better if they’re linked up and even better than that if the content is generated by your fans, your network or your tribe.
If you need content and, instead of giving just your take on things, you ask other people to contribute and give them credit, you immediately get fans for your work.
The next best thing is to use that content in lots of different ways.
Put the radio recording, podcast or interview on your website or blog, add it to an ebook, turn it into free tips, make it into a training programme. Not everyone accesses things in the same way so make your content as accessible as possible in as many different ways as possible with lots of added but different value.
It has been said that best selling thinker and author Edward de Bono, the father or lateral thinking, mind mapping and creativity, only ever wrote one book but published it in 77 ways.
Some quick tips for engaging people in your work:
- If you have guest writers, interviewers, bloggers they help you to promote what you do.
- If you get people involved in helping to create the content, they’ll rave about it.
- If you link everything you do to your blog or website, that’s good sense.
- If you use lots of social media channels, draw all the activity into one, easy to find, central hub.
- If you turn a series of interviews, blogs or articles into something that people can listen to or buy afterwards, superb.
- If you have any opportunity to give people the chance to comment, question, take polls, enter competitions, submit photos – do it and always give credit.
How have you used these tactics successfully – share them with us in the comments …